Built in 1914, the Clubhouse is Temple Terrace's oldest building and the last surviving structure in the city from the Palmer era. In 1927, it was converted into the city's first school, the one-room "Temple Terrace Grammar School." It was saved from demolition through efforts led by Ruby McSweeney and later by Marjorie Schine.
Built for use as a stable/carriage house, the clubhouse has been expanded and remodeled several times and used as a school, warehouse and recreational center. Today it is a cherished community center for three civic groups.
In 1980, the GFWC Temple Terrace Woman's Club, GFWC Temple Terrace Junior Woman's Club and the Temple Terrace Garden Club joined forces and created the Woodmont Clubhouse Association, Inc.
The Association was organized specifically to renovate and maintain the building as a town meeting house, in addition to restoring a part of Temple Terrace history.
The Association Board is comprised of three volunteers from each of the three clubs. The Board volunteers oversee the clubhouse operating income, expenses and maintenance.
The building was remodeled to accommodate various events and functions such as weddings, anniversaries and meetings on a rental basis.